If you’re a business, sole trader or not-for-profit organisation in NSW and you’ve been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible for the 2021 COVID-19 JobSaver payment.
JobSaver will provide cash flow support to impacted businesses to help maintain their NSW employee headcount on 13 July 2021.
Eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations with employees will receive fortnightly payments backdated to cover costs incurred from week 4 of the Greater Sydney lockdown (from 18 July 2021 onwards).
The payment will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll for work performed in NSW:
- minimum payment will be $1,500 per week
- maximum payment will be $10,000 per week.
Weekly payroll should generally be determined by referring to the most recent Business Activity Statement (BAS) provided to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) before 26 June 2021 for the 2020-21 financial year.
If you’re a non-employing business, such as a sole trader, you may be eligible to receive a payment of $1,000 per week.
Eligible businesses can use JobSaver to cover business costs incurred from 18 July 2021. These costs may include:
- salaries and wages
- utilities and rent
- financial, legal or other advice
- marketing and communications
- perishable goods
- other business costs.
Applications will close at 11:59pm on 18 October 2021.
To be eligible for JobSaver your business or not-for-profit organisation should:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have been operating in NSW on 1 June 2021
- have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $250 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the Public Health Order over a minimum 2-week period within the Greater Sydney lockdown (commenced 26 June and due to end 28 August 2021) compared to:the same period in 2019, orthe same period in 2020, orthe 2-week period immediately before lockdown commenced (11 to 25 June 2021)
- for employing businesses, maintain your employee headcount from 13 July 2021 while you continue to receive JobSaver payments
- for non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, show that the business is the primary income source for the associated person. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business.
Please contact us and we will assist you with your application.
Structured Tax offers a wide range of business, consulting, private wealth and compliance services to our clients. Our goal is to ensure that we support our clients to fulfill their ongoing business and personal financial objectives.